It is no secret that homemade juices are much healthier than the sugar-laden varieties. But what many of you do not know is that the type of juicer you use to prepare your delicious beverages has a great impact on the taste and most importantly, on the quality of the extracted juice.
- As the name suggests, the centrifugal juicer extracts the juice of fruits and vegetables by the power of centrifugal force (very much like how a washing machine spins to relieve wet clothes of excess water).
- It is available at most department and electrical stores and it is a less expensive juicer option.
- Most of the models have a wide feeding chute which makes it easier to put whole fruits and vegetables, saving time on preparation.
- Centrifugal juicers save you time because you do not have to stop juicing to remove the accumulated pulp. This is a great feature if you often make juices in large volumes.
- Centrifugal juicers can be really noisy since their motor spins at a high speed.
- The high-speed spinning causes oxidation which is the main reason for the destruction of enzymes.
- The produced juices have plenty of foam as a result of the high speed.
- Centrifugal juicers are not adequate for juicing leafy vegetables, herbs and wheatgrass.
- They come with only one or two-year warranty.
- The pulp ejected is still wet which means a low juice yield.
- The extracted juice has to be consumed right away and it is not recommendable to store it because of its rapid oxidation.
Cold Press Masticating Juicer
This incredible juicer is also known as single gear or single auger juicer.
- A cold press masticating juicer usually has a single gear and a blade.
- Because of the small operating speed, it does not work as fast as centrifugal juicers do, but this is a small price to pay for the high-quality juice.
- Juices produced with this type of juicers have very little foam.
- The cold press masticating juicer spins slowly and crushes the fruits and vegetables until they turn into their liquid form.
- The slow movement of the blade and the gear eliminates oxidation, preserving the enzymes and nutrients of the juice.
- A cold press masticating juicer can be pretty expensive for some people as they reach a price up to $250 AUD.
- These juicers can be really heavy ranging between 6-10 kg. However, the weight just implies that the units are very stable while operating.
The truth is, cold press masticating juicers beat centrifugal in almost every aspect. The many advantages such as their ability to juice everything with minimum waste including all green vegetables, wheat grass and herbs such as parsley, are what makes this extraordinary juicer stand out from the rest as the best one on the market.