Babies start exploring the world since early age using all their senses, which are developing as they touch, smell, hear, see and taste. As soon as babies can reach and grab, they will look for a baby toy to share their adventures and development with. Using a variety of baby toys, babies start developing skills since early months in few development areas: cognitive development, speech and language development, gross and fine motor skill development and social and emotional development. Since for the first few months babies are not well-developed in motor skills, they rely on their eyes and ears to soak all in. If you are wondering what baby toys are most appropriate for your baby, here is your ultimate baby toy buying guide.
Baby Toys For Stimulating Infants (0-6 months)
Indeed newborns have not developed visual focus, muscular control or speaking ability yet, but they are already feeling their new environment, new world. Also, they are not able to walk yet and spend most of the time in a horizontal position. For 0-6 months babies, noisy and bright-color toys are the best choice. Baby toy sets that are positioned on the floor are perfect for newborns.
- Crib Toys: Usually hanging over baby cots, crib toys are perfect for babies at this stage. Crib toys keep babies company and make them happy. For more fun, get your baby crib baby toy set that make sounds.
- Rattles & Teethers: When your baby starts teething, rattles and teethers can help. At this stage, babies have a tendency to put everything in mouth, but everything is not allowed. Keep rattles and teethers in the fridge when not in use. When your baby needs it, the coolness will help in relieving sore gums.
- Activity Sets: Activity sets contain a lot of baby toys that your baby will want to reach, grasp and explore. Hanging over baby’s car seat or put on the floor, the colorful activity sets will provide hours of fun for your baby.
Baby Toys For Developing New Skills (6-12 months)
- Stuffed Animals: At this stage, babies start choosing their favorite baby toys. Most of the babies (especially girls) favor stuffed animals and dolls, since they start identifying comfort and warmth. Stuffed animals give the warmest hugs and are your baby’s friend in every quest.
- Balls: From 6 to 12 months, babies start crawling and they may start rolling and tossing soft, light balls very happily. And rolling a ball back and forth along with your bay can help in developing hand-eye coordination.
- Activity Toys: To help in hand-eye coordination and fine and gross motor skills, activity toys are the perfect choice. Baby activity toys are both educational and fun and the most popular are: press & pop toys, stacking toys and shape sorters.
- Blocks: It is certain that all babies love blocks. In addition to their excitement in stacking 2-3 blocks and then knocking them down, your baby will improve dexterity with this baby toy.